If you need a copy of the webquest please email me and I will send you a copy of the document. For some reason I am unable to upload the file right now.
1) Identify and discuss one example of a commodity chain.
2) What is development?
3) How do we measure development?
4) Describe Rostows modernization model. What assumptions does the model make?
5) How does geographical situation affect development?
6) Describe the dependency theory.
7) Describe the world systems theory.
8) What are the barriers to development?
9) What are the Millennium Development Goals?
10) What are the costs of economic development?
11) Why do you think many developing areas have a lot of tourism? How is this ironic? Examples: Jamaica, Hawaii, Dominican Republic, etc.
12) How do political and economic institutions influence uneven development within states?
13) Do you think government or NGOs are more influential? Why?
Begin researching your region. Use up to date information and be sure to include lots of visuals in your presentation. Do NOT postpone this project. It is worth 200 points (test grade).
Regions Project Directions
1) Where and when did the Industrial Revolution begin?
2) What factors led to the Industrial Revolution beginning where it did?
3) How did the Industrial Revolution diffuse?
4) What type of diffusion is this? Explain.
5) Discuss the premise of Weber's, Hotelling and Losch's models.
6) What were the major industrial regions of the world before 1950?
7) When and how did the US become industrialized?
8) How has industrial production changed under a post-Ford system?
9) Where are the major industrial belts today and why?
10) What is a service economy?
11) Where are services concentrated?
Check here for daily lessons, assignments and helpful resources.