Based off of your results from your mock exam, review the materials below for your three weakest areas. For each PAGE of the unit of your weakest area, include the following information: a brief summary of the main ideas, an example/illustration and a thought provoking questions based off of the material. I recommend that you print off the pages that you NEED and highlight/annotate the information directly on the pages that you need. You may write on your own paper if you wish.
You also need to write an article summary and connection to APHG (like on your current events) on two of the articles posted in the APHG in the News tab for EACH of your three weakest areas (6 article summaries total).
So in total:
1) Review Packet of three weakest areas with information discussed above.
2) 6 articles from the APHG in the News tab.
2016 Review Packet
1) Define urban morphology. Why do you think the study of this is important?
2) What are the hearths of urbanization?
3) Why and where did these hearths occur?
4) How did the role of the ancient city impact society?
5) How did urbanization diffuse?
6) How does site and situation impact urbanization?
7) Describe the Second Urban Revolution.
8) Define trade areas and rank-size rule.
9) What is Central Place theory? What is its premise, shape, advantage/disadvantages and examples today?
10) How are cities organized?
11) Discuss the three main North American city models. Be sure to include WHO the geographer is, premise, and concerns regarding the models. Hint: Include a quick sketch of each model.
12) How do models vary in Latin American, African and Southeast Asian cities? Hint: include illustration.
13) How are cities made in the core, semi-periphery and periphery?
14) What are world cities?
15) What are primate cities?
16) How are world and primate cities similar and different?
17) How does globalization impact urbanization and city development?
18) Under what circumstances could a world city replace states as the most powerful form of political organization in the world?
Check here for daily lessons, assignments and helpful resources.