2) How are cyclic and periodic migration different? Provide an example of each.
3) Compare international and internal migration? Provide an example of each.
4) Discuss forced migration and the impact it has had on worldwide migration. Remember: in a "discussion" you MUST provide an example.
5) Discuss voluntary migration.
6) Describe Ravenstein's Laws of Migration.
7) How does Ravenstein's model relate to the gravity model?
8) What are push and pull factors? Provide examples of each.
9) What areas of the world are most affected by migration?
10) How does migration positively impact areas?
11) How does migration negatively impact areas?
12) What is a guest worker? How do they impact a country (positively and negatively)?
13) What is the difference between a refugee and a IDP? Provide an example of each.
14) What role does the UN play in the protection of refugees and IDPs?
15) In what ways does the government affect migration?
16) How has migration changed since 9/11?