2) What are the hearths of urbanization?
3) Why and where did these hearths occur?
4) How did the role of the ancient city impact society?
5) How did urbanization diffuse?
6) How does site and situation impact urbanization?
7) Describe the Second Urban Revolution.
8) Define trade areas and rank-size rule.
9) What is Central Place theory? What is its premise, shape, advantage/disadvantages and examples today?
10) How are cities organized?
11) Discuss the three main North American city models. Be sure to include WHO the geographer is, premise, and concerns regarding the models. Hint: Include a quick sketch of each model.
12) How do models vary in Latin American, African and Southeast Asian cities? Hint: include illustration.
13) How are cities made in the core, semi-periphery and periphery?
14) What are world cities?
15) What are primate cities?
16) How are world and primate cities similar and different?
17) How does globalization impact urbanization and city development?
18) Under what circumstances could a world city replace states as the most powerful form of political organization in the world?