I can identify the key events of global and U.S. migration.
Reading Questions for pages 96-108
1) Define Guest Workers and explain how governments impact the status of guest workers. This should include reference to a specific example.
2) Define refugee and internally displaced persons. How are they different?
3) What is asylum and repatriation? How does the UN impact each?
4) Discuss migration in relation to Africa, Middle East (North Africa and Southwest Asia), South Asia, Southeast Asia.
5) What are the various ways that governments can affect migration?
6) How have government immigration policies changed since 9/11?
Due Thursday: China's One Child Policy video questions found under Unit 2 Resources.